About English Language & Literature
This Four year Bachelor’s Degree provides a body of fundamental knowledge in English language studies: Language, History, Culture, Linguistics, Literature, Literary Criticism and Translation. In addition to this, students should choose a second language between Italian or Spanish. This program is the only BA Degree in Sudan that contains courses of Italian and Spanish language. Students can sit for international certificates of these two languages (DELE for Spanish and CELI for Italian Language) thanks to the agreements between the College and Cervantes Institute for Spanish Language and Perugia University for Foreigners for Italian Language. Native speakers teach both languages.The English Language and Literature Bachelor’s Degree program aims at:
- Obtaining a B.A. Degree Honours in English Language and Literature.
- Obtaining a body of fundamental knowledge in English language studies: E.g. Language, History, Culture, Linguistics, Literature, Literary Criticism and Translation.
- Developing a high level of critical thinking and autonomous learning necessary for sustainable education and lifelong learning necessary for survival in today’s ever changing world.
- Providing for the inculcation and development of life skills necessary for the workplace.
- Furnishing a solid theoretical and practical basis for continuing personal and professional development.
- Design and implement effective human-machine interfaces.
- Building up of language skills, IT skills and people skills necessary for communication, tolerance and acceptance of the other.
- It´s the only BA program in Sudan that contains courses of Italian and Spanish language.