English Language & Literature
About the Program
The English Language and Literature Bachelor’s Degree program aims at:
- Obtaining a B.A. Degree Honours in English Language and Literature.
- Obtaining a body of fundamental knowledge in English language studies: E.g. Language, History, Culture, Linguistics, Literature, Literary Criticism and Translation.
- Developing a high level of critical thinking and autonomous learning necessary for sustainable education and lifelong learning necessary for survival in today’s ever changing world.
- Providing for the inculcation and development of life skills necessary for the workplace.
- Furnishing a solid theoretical and practical basis for continuing personal and professional development.
- Design and implement effective human-machine interfaces.
- Building up of language skills, IT skills and people skills necessary for communication, tolerance and acceptance of the other.
- It´s the only BA program in Sudan that contains courses of Italian and Spanish language.